Academic Manager of Online Training
Who we are in a nutshell
At Counselling Tutor we are always striving to “make a difference” in mental well-being.
We love knowing, that through supporting students and practitioners in counselling, we are ultimately helping infinite individuals who use their services.
Our mission right now is to lead the digital revolution by training 25,000 tech-phobic counsellors how to run their practice and better serve their clients using remote technologies.
We are committed to delivering an excellent online experience.
We are looking to find our next team member who will share this passion with us. At Counselling Tutor we listen to each other and our clients, trying to understand without judgement.
We expect each team member to be accountable for their part but we also fully support each other and are working more collaboratively all the time.
- Working from home or remotely
- Freelance options available
- Remuneration £28000 to £35000 per annum pro rata
- Join a dynamic company that has grown year-on-year for the last 6 years running
- Be part of the e-learning revolution
What does an Academic Manager look like for us?
It is someone who is passionate about and has experience in the world of counselling and teaching and delivering change in a learning context.
Someone who is exceptionally well organised and enjoys working in a fast-paced and often challenging environment. We are wanting to deliver and assess more courses online to more students and practitioners and need a manager who can set standards and norms of good practice to do this.
This would include liaising with external bodies (for example CPCAB) for course development and accreditation as well as growing and managing a team to do this.
It will be important to ensure that the course offering meets the needs of students and practitioners now and in the future.
What you definitely are
You have the ability and knowledge to create course content.
You have the ability to lecture, create lesson plans and schemes of work.
You have the ability and aptitude to work the technology of online delivery.
You are able to assess student-submitted work.
You have strong experience in operational delivery and building effective collaborations.
You are highly organised and methodical and you stay calm and can be flexible.
You can juggle a complex and full schedule of events.
You are comfortable working in a remote team and fully understand the challenges of this.
The Manager bit
As well as your academic background, there is a managerial aspect to this position.
For us that means that you can do the following, of course with the support of the leadership team.
- You can happily delegate to your team members setting clear objectives and measurements but at the same time support them to excel in their roles.
- You easily see the bigger picture and how each part of the business fits together and can align you and your teams to focus on this.
- You suggest and can execute innovations to improve our online learning and teaching processes.
- You can ensure that the moving parts of academic product fulfilment are on track and working using tools provided.
Your Qualifications & Essentials
- A teaching qualification - minimum Cert.Ed or PGCE
- A counselling qualification – minimum diploma (level 4 or level 8 in Scotland) or above
- A supervisor qualification
- A qualification in online and telephone counselling
- You have teaching experience, preferably in counselling or psychotherapy
- You have experience in creating and working to lesson plans
- You have experience of supervising groups or individuals in a counselling setting
- You have experience in working therapeutically using online technology
- You are a member of a counselling professional body
- You undertake a minimum of 30 hours of CPD per year
How to Apply
Please send us your CV with a cover letter which often goes a long way, explaining why you are a fit for this role.
Email this to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please give examples illustrating how you match the competencies mentioned in this job specification.
We are keen to see your LinkedIn, websites or any links to work you are proud of.
We will be contacting people for the interview process starting with phone calls.
Thank you for applying 🙂