Special Edition - New CPCAB Level 5 Qualification: Counselling Children and Young People
In this week’s special edition podcast, Rory Lees-Oakes speaks with Heather Price of the Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB) on the exciting introduction of a new level 5 qualification - Counselling Children and Young People (11-18).
The details of this new specialised CPCAB qualification that are discussed include:
- This specific training is necessary to work with young people, especially due to tricky areas such as confidentiality and consent.
- Before being able to take this course, a good grounding is needed beforehand. As it is a level 5 qualification, you will already be a qualified counseller before choosing to specialise - it requires knowledge, skills and training.
- It includes 20 hours of personal therapy as working with other people’s childhoods may trigger something from your own.
- It is a regulated qualification.
- It is in partnership with the Open University.
- It includes 120 flexible guided learning hours which will take one year to complete.